All Saints’ Church, Marlow

Jake Adams

All Saints Church is located at the very bottom of the High Street in Marlow on the banks of the River Thames, just before you get to Marlow Bridge (coming out of the town).

Though there was a church in Marlow as early as 1070, the present Church of All Saints is a Victorian creation, built after the spire of the old church collapsed in 1831. The old building was demolished, and a new church constructed of Bath stone, topped by a graceful spire soaring 170 above the town. The combination of spire and bridge form one of the most unforgettable Thames sights.

Parking
The closest car park to the church is on Pound Lane, SL7 2AQ. This is free of charge after 7pm. Additional parking is available on Institute Lane, SL7 1BJ.

Trains
Marlow is on the train line from Maidenhead, which can be reached from London Paddington station. All Saints’ Church is half a mile (10 mins walk) from the station.