Terms & Conditions
Your use of this Site and any transactions you may make are subject to Chiltern Arts’ terms and conditions which are set out below. By using this Site you agree to accept that these Terms apply. If you do not, you should exit this Site.
About Chiltern Arts and this Site
This Site is intended to be a source of useful information relating to concerts, talks or other productions (“Events”). Chiltern Arts (“Chiltern Arts” or “we” or “us”) shall use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information contained on the Site is accurate and up to date. We may update the content and make improvements or changes in the information, services and other materials on this Site at any time without notice.
– All intellectual property rights in the design of this Site and the contents, selection and arrangement of all of the material which is available on this Site belongs to Chiltern Arts. No material from this Site may be commercially exploited in any way, without our prior written permission.
– We cannot guarantee that this Site is error free, uninterrupted, or virus free. You access and use the Site at your own risk.
– This Site contains links to other websites which are independent of Chiltern Arts. We have no control over such sites and any links are provided as a convenience to you as a user of this Site, and do not imply our endorsement of the linked websites or association with their operators. We can accept no responsibility for any linked sites.
– You must present a valid ticket when entering an event. This could be a printed ticket from us, a printed e-ticket or an e-ticket on a mobile device.
– When specific seats are allocated to you, the venue management reserves the right to change these seats to similar seats of equal value. In this event, we will offer you a full refund, if requested.
– Some events may be filmed or recorded; buying a ticket affirms your consent. Unauthorised use of camera, video camera or any other sort of recording equipment is forbidden at any event.
– Please note that many festival venues are not designed as concert halls and some seats may have a restricted view. This information will be available at the time of booking.
– Smoking is prohibited in all of our festival venues, this includes the use of E-Cigarettes and personal vapourisers.
– Normally, doors will open approximately 30 minutes before the advertised start time of the event. Chiltern Arts reserves the right to delay the time the doors open without prior notice and, where possible, will provide an explanation.
– Please arrive in plenty of time for your event. It is not always possible to admit latecomers once the event has started. If a suitable break, or interval occurs it may be possible to allow access, however the venue management reserves the right to refuse admission in their absolute discretion.
– Promoters and Venues always reserve the right to refuse admission to an Event and tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue. We will therefore not offer refunds to any ticket-holders who may be refused entry.
– The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment at venues is usually prohibited.
Parking and Accessibility
Please note that some of our venues have limited access for wheelchair users and those with restricted mobility. If you have any special requirements, including Blue Badge parking, please inform us when ordering your tickets or as soon as possible afterwards. Chiltern Arts may not be able to take responsibility for providing or arranging parking at all venues, particularly those in town centres; if you have any concerns about attending an event, please contact us. All parking is at your own risk.
Additional Information for Families
– Please adhere to the age range specified for children’s and family events.
– Children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult, approved by the parent / guardian. Each adult can accompany a maximum of 6 children to an event.
– Chiltern Arts cannot take responsibility for unsupervised children.
– If a child requires their own seat, a separate ticket must be purchased.
– Please note that if your child is disruptive during an event you may be required to remove him/her.
– We charge a fee per order which covers card processing costs, staffing, developing and maintaining the booking software and postage where required.
– Although Chiltern Arts will use reasonable endeavours to indicate any age or other restrictions that apply to events, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that they are eligible for entry to the event that they are purchasing tickets for.
– In the case of age- or status-specific tickets, ID may be required upon presentation of the tickets at the event to prove eligibility.
– Always check your tickets on receipt, as mistakes cannot always be rectified later.
– If you are collecting your tickets rather than having them posted out, please be advised that ID for the purchaser named on the order may be required, and / or the email showing proof of purchase.
– There is no standard despatch time for tickets ordered through this Site as tickets for different events have different despatch times. However, all tickets should be received at least 7 days before the event, unless they are being collected from the venue. Where tickets are booked within 14 days of an event and are being posted, tickets should be received at least 2 days before an event.
– If it becomes impractical to post tickets out due to proximity of an event or circumstances beyond Chiltern Arts’ control, we reserve the right to make the tickets available for collection at the venue and will inform you accordingly.
– For certain events there may be a restriction on the maximum number of tickets that may be purchased. We will use our best endeavours to publish this information on the Site and at the point of ticket selection for the event. In such case, we reserve the right to only offer for sale the maximum number of tickets available and to cancel any orders made that exceed the maximum authorised tickets per customer without notice.
– If tickets despatched are returned as ‘addressee unknown’, we reserve the right to cancel the order. We will use our best endeavours to contact you but will accept no liability for not succeeding in doing so.
– Applications for tickets will be processed by the Chiltern Arts Office in the order in which they are received. Acceptance of the order will only be completed when the tickets have been assigned to you and payment made and accepted. If before completion of the order, we discover that the price at which the tickets have been listed was incorrect, we reserve the right to withhold the tickets whilst we contact you with the correct price. If you do not indicate acceptance of the correct price, the tickets shall be invalid and, if a payment has been made, we shall repay you by the same method that you adopted as soon as possible. We will not be responsible for any losses that you may suffer thereby.
Event Changes or Cancellation
– In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Chiltern Arts reserves the right to change artists, programmes and venues without prior notice.
– If events are cancelled, postponed or the venue or content is significantly changed, we will do our best to inform all purchasers using the contact details provided when the order was made. However it is the responsibility of the purchaser to check whether the event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to make contact with you.
– If the event is cancelled, postponed or material changes are made to the Event, namely a change of the venue or the headline act, the original tickets that you have purchased will remain valid for the revised event (except for in the case of cancellation) unless otherwise advised. In the event of cancellation, the customer will be entitled to a full refund including any booking fee charged.
– In the case of a revised event, refund requests will be accepted up until 1 week before the date of the revised event or 1 week after notification of the change (whichever is the later) unless otherwise advised. We are unable to process refund requests that are received after this time.
– Please note that all actors appearing at the Festival are subject to availability.
– Once you have purchased tickets, they can only be returned, exchanged or refunded in the circumstances described below:
a) If we fail to fulfil an order as a result of any negligence, or similar act or omission of our own or in breach of contract the customer will be entitled to a full refund including any booking fee charged.
b) If the customer informs us that they are unable to attend an event within one month prior to the event date and the ticket can be resold, a refund of the ticket cost may be issued. If the ticket is not resold, Chiltern Arts is unable to offer a refund. There will be no refund for lost, stolen or damaged tickets (save that duplicate tickets may be possible, however a duplication fee equal to the original despatch fee may be charged) or if the venue or Event organiser so provides
– For any refund of face value you will be required to return the tickets, on receipt of which we will make the refund. Tickets should be returned to Chiltern Arts, 9 Townsend Gate, Berkhamsted HP4 2FZ.
– Refunds are made using the same method of payment that was used to purchase the tickets.
– It is your responsibility to ensure that returned tickets are received by us. It is therefore advisable to return any tickets either by secure post or in person.
Details of our membership scheme can be found on the following page https://chilternarts.com/get-involved/
Please contact us if you have lost any items at a Chiltern Arts event. Any item found will be kept for a period of one month following the date of the event, or last day of the Festival if found during a Festival event, after which time it will be disposed of.
– These Terms are governed by English law and any disputes subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts and, by using this Site, you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of such courts for such purposes and waive any and all objections to jurisdiction or venue in such courts.
– If any court finds any provision of these terms to be void or unenforceable for any reason, then such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of the courts finding without affecting the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
– For any queries regarding tickets or any other services associated with this Site, please follow the link for contact information.