Entries will be collated into a community ‘quilt’ which will be available to view during the festival (details available shortly)
Shortlisted and winning entries will be published in the 2023 Chiltern Arts Poetry and Art Collection and printed in Festival programmes.
Email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
or send them in the post to
Art Competition Team, 9 Townsend Gate, Berkhamsted, HP4 2FZ
Art and Colouring Competition: Timepieces in Art
The Chiltern Arts Festival 2023 explores the themes of Love, Loss and the Passage of Time.
Timepieces come in all shapes and sizes, in many colours and materials – some strikingly simple and some breathtakingly ornate: examples include Big Ben, your favourite wristwatch, an eggtimer or a sundial! We’d love to see your interpretation or reimagining of a timepiece in a format that could form a part of our ‘community time quilt’. Drawing, painting, collage, photography or any other medium that can be sent in digital 2D format will all be welcome.
For our younger artists, colour in one of our three timepieces — download our colouring sheets here!
Deadline for entries:
31st January 2023
- All art pieces must be a representation of a timepiece
- Art pieces must be 2D and able to be digitised (i.e. scanned)
- Any 2D art form is accepted (e.g. drawing, painting, collage, photography etc.)
- One entry per person
- Art pieces must be the original work of the entrant
- All entries must include artist‘s name (and age if under 18)
- All entries must include a contact email or phone number
We are delighted that Dr James Nye, 2022 Master of the Worshipful Company of Clockmakers and Chairman of the Antiquarian Horological Society, will chair our judging panel for this competition.